Reading & Early Phonics
Special Educational Needs
We believe that educational visits are an integral part of the entitlement of every pupil to an effective and balanced curriculum. Appropriately planned visits are known to enhance learning and improve attainment, and so form a key part of what makes North Elmham Primary School a supportive and effective learning environment.
We aim to provide each class with one educational visit per term, based around the topic the class is covering. Years 5 and 6 attend a residential trip for up to four nights every other year.
We are currently looking at ways to enhance our residential programme.
Joint visits are also arranged as part of the Partnership between North Elmham Primary and Stibbard All Saints Primary.
After School Clubs
At North Elmham Primary School we aim to provide extra high quality teaching and coaching opportunities for children during and after school hours. This allows the children to further develop their social, emotional and educational skills.
– Have greater understanding of health and fitness and opportunities to opt for physical activity to encourage a healthy lifestyle
– Learn and develop new interests, skills and talents eg. singing, music, cookery, art etc
– Show a desire to improve and achieve in relation to their abilities and aspirations
– Develop the appreciation of the concept of fair play, team play, honest competition and good sportsmanship when attending sports clubs
– Understand safe practice and develop a sense of responsibility
– Promote self-esteem through physical competence and learning new skills
We use the Norwich Community Sports Foundation to provide high quality sports clubs for children across the school, for example football, quick cricket, multi-skills and dance.
Clay Barn provide art and craft activities also.
All clubs are available to all children at a small fee.